This release has been thoroughly tested in several environments and we consider it ready for production use.
Here are the noteworthy changes since 1.8.7.
- Performance fixes (#908, #910)
- Captive portal stability fixes (#892, #961)
- Mitigated Net::Telnet problems with perl threads (#903, #907)
- Proper violation description shown in violation edit (#922)
- Fixed RPM spec to create package packetfence-remote-snort-sensor again (#888)
- Fixed PacketFence RPM upgrade bug if your version is lower than 1.8.5 (#931)
- Fixed rare port-security problems with stacked switches or switches with large ifIndex (#921)
- Fixed problems with DHCP Fingerprint submission
- Fixed call to non-existing script lookup_node.pl in pfdhcplistener (#858)
- Correct VLAN information shown in Node Lookup (#893)
- Minor corrections to the Admin Web UI
- Clarified some error messages
- Misc. stability and general fixes (#833, #885, #868, #869, #896, #923, #927, #946, #950)
... and more. See the ChangeLog file for the complete list of changes and the UPGRADE file for notes about upgrading. Both files are in the PacketFence distribution.
PacketFence is free software and is distributed under the GNU GPL. As such, you are free to download and try it by either getting the new release from our download page or by getting the sources from the source code repository.
Documentation about the installation and configuration of PacketFence is available under the Documentation section of the website.
How Can I Help?
PacketFence is a collaborative effort in order to create the best Free and Open Source NAC solution. Please get involved in our community and consider contributing!
Community or commercial support is available for PacketFence depending on your needs.
I hope you will enjoy this release as much as we enjoyed making it!