This is a major release with new features, new hardware support, enhancements, bug fixes and updated translations.
Ready for production use.
Here are the changes in 3.3.0:
New Hardware Support
- AlliedTelesis AT8000GS Switches using 802.1x/Mac Authentication without VoIP
- Added 802.1X/MAC Authentication support for HP 2500/2600 switches (no VoIP)
- Cisco WLC/WiSM product line now supports RADIUS Disconnect (RFC3576) to perform de-authentication
- Introduction of Role-based Access Control. Supported on AeroHIVE, Aruba, Meru and Motorola (initial implementation)
- Wireless de-authentication in Master / Local configuration supported for Aruba controllers (or other Disconnect-Message implementations)
- New guest self-registration mode: Sponsored. Guests accesses are approved through a 'sponsor'
- New guest self-registration option: Pre-registered guests. They can register in advance through the portal. Email and sponsor modes supported right now
- New database-driven custom VLAN assignment strategy example
- Slightly more helpful installer.pl
- Added a virtual IP (vip) parameter for interfaces in configuration which overrides auto-detection (#1396)
- More logging
- Simplified inline mode with DNS rewrite (DNAT). Fixes several issues and annoyances. (#1374, #1387)
- New parameter available to control what information is mandatory to be provided by a guest signing-up (guests_self_registration.mandatory_fields)
- New parameter available to control default field to use as pid for guests (guests_self_registration.guest_pid)
- Node categories were moved from node into configuration on the Web Admin
- New per-category configuration to control maximum number of devices allowed per user (max_nodes_per_pid)
- Daemon startup time logged. Allows for easier troubleshooting of slow-to-restart setups.
- if VoIP is configured to be enabled and the network hardware doesn't support it, PacketFence will log a warning
- Firewall and Captive Portal more restrictive by default if you are not using guest access
- Performance improvement for the RADIUS accouting (#1414)
- New hook to make it easier to rewrite RADIUS Access-Accept packets
- Proxy Bypass issues in environment with Virtual IP (#1385)
- Cisco 2950 802.1X Reauthenticate without VoIP issue (#1388)
- RADIUS identity privacy fix (#1390)
- Cisco MAB EAP was not properly working (#1391)
- CoA RADIUS secret is lower cased (#1392)
- Username length on the Web Admin is no longer limited to 15 characters
- Potential (not-validated) cross-site scripting (XSS) in captive portal
- Mandatory MAC lookup in the self-registered guests pages
- Cancel button problems on SMS confirmation page (#1393)
- Documented the fact that you need to configure credentials in packetfence-soh.pm for Statement of Health (SoH) support
- Fixed port-security + VoIP support for the HP wired product line
- Minor Administration Guide updates
- Fixed CSS for mobiles devices
- This is the last release to destroy your dhcpd lease file on upgrades
- Updated Brazilian Portuguese (pt_BR) translation (Thanks to Diego de Souza Lopes)
... and more. See the ChangeLog file for the complete list of changes and the UPGRADE file for notes about upgrading. Both files are in the PacketFence distribution.