The Inverse team is pleased to announce the immediate availability of PacketFence 4.7.0. This is a major release with new features, enhancements and important bug fixes. This release is considered ready for production use and upgrading from 4.6.0 is strongly advised.
Here are the changes in v4.7.0:
- The admin GUI is now customizable.
- New category filter on portal profile allows to select a portal based on existing role of a device.
- New PacketFence-config service allows effortless scaling to thousands of switches and reduces memory use.
- Nodes are now searchable by status
- Removed SSLv3 and legacy ciper suites support from default httpd configuration to prevent POODLE exploit and FREAK attack.
- Added an option to display Bypass VLAN of a node in the Admin GUI.
- Added nested groups support for Active Directory.
- It is now possible to check if a device has already authenticated as member of an Active-Directory domain prior to user authentication.
- Improved portal language detection.
- Devices will now avoid autocorrect / uppercasing the login field in the captive portal.
- Now supports roaming without SNMP on Aerohive APs.
- Fixed broken default behaviour when receiving an SNMP trap.
- Fixed email confirmation template for sponsor.
- Fixed email subject encoding.
- Fixes allowing a non-sponsored user to verify a sponsored email address.
- Fixed invalid floating device creation where the MAC address was not normalized.
- Fixed the date range search in node advanced search.
See the complete list of changes and the UPGRADE.asciidoc file for notes about upgrading.
Back to 2015